The One True Source of Contentment (Hebrews 13:5-6)
CONTENTMENT COMES FROM DEPENDENCE ON GOD
I. What are you depending on?
– Money, possessions, stuff?
II. How do you define security?
– Job, bank account, retirement plan?
– God’s promises?
III. What brings you satisfaction?
– Praise from others?
– God using you for His Glory in all spheres of life?
IMAGINE THE IMPACT “WE” WOULD HAVE ON THIS CITY, COUNTRY, & WORLD IF FREED FROM THE LOVE OF MONEY TO TRUST GOD SOLELY!
– The testimony of our lives would glorify Christ and draw people to Him!
– Unfathomable resources would be unleashed to execute the mission and vision God has given our church!
– God-empowered boldness would compel us to go to the ends of the earth for Christ and His Glory!
|« God Our Gracious Ruler||None||Shepherds and Sheep »|
5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we can confidently say,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?” (ESV)