Run the Race with Endurance (Hebrews 12:1-3)
I. Make it your life’s ambition to actively pursue maturity in Christ
– Gain courage from the fruit of faith shown in the lives of our predecessors (1a)
– Eliminate things that hinder spiritual progress (1b)
– Don’t let sin entangle your spiritual growth (1c)
– Be relentless in your pursuit of the goal with endurance and focus (2-3)
* Study Christ example of endurance and focus
* Be careful not to resent trials, they serve a vital purpose!
II. Draw Strength from your walk with Christ now…
|« The Fruit of Faith from the Judges to Exile||None||The Blessing of Fatherly Discipline »|
12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. (ESV)