Why Does the Church Come Together on Sunday? (Revelation 4:9-11)
FOUR POPULAR PERSPECTIVES ON THE PURPOSE OF SUNDAY WORSHIP
– Worship as Evangelism
– Worship as Education
– Worship as Experience
– Worship as Praise
In response to God’s covenantal initiative – His drawing near to us through Christ (grace) – we confess, thank, praise, and pray as renewed creatures who through the Spirit are enabled to give unto our gracious Lord the glory due His name.
1. THE COVENANT OF GRACE
– God’s plan to redeem us through Christ
– God informs and reminds us of His grace constantly
II. WORSHIP IS A RESPONSE TO GOD’S GRACE (Covenant Renewal)
– Centered on God’s Glory and Grace, celebrates Christ’s work, and depends on God’s Spirit!
– We receive the blessing of spiritual renewal as God “remembers”, and renews His covenant with us each Lord’s Day.
– Interaction Between God’s Work and our Response
1. GOD CALLS US – We gather to Praise Him
2. GOD RENEWS US IN CHRIST – We confess our sin
3. GOD INSTRUCTS US WITH HIS WORD – We respond in prayer, offering, and obedience
4. GOD MEETS AND FEEDS US AT HIS TABLE – We Eat God’s Food
5. GOD BLESSES US AND SENDS US OUT – We March Out to Serve God
III. OVERVIEW OF OUR WORSHIP LITURGY (see copy of Sunday bulletin)
|« Let us Kneel Before the Lord our Maker||None||The King of Glory »|
ERROR: The IP key is no longer supported. Please use your access key, the testing key ‘TEST’