The purpose of Women In the Church (WIC) is to glorify God by providing opportunities to fulfill the Titus 2 mandate: But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. (Tit 2:1, 3-5)
The mission of Redeemer WIC is to encourage and enhance each woman’s spiritual maturity. By nurturing one another, we seek to glorify God as we assist in meeting the needs of the women and our covenant family. All women at Redeemer belong to WIC.
The Fun and Fellowship Committee plans monthly events for our women so we can get to know one another better and have a relaxed venue for having fun and good fellowship. In addition to having good food, we may share testimonies, sing, hand out door prizes, and find new friends. Some of our most popular events have been:
- October Bonfire
- December Ornament Exchange
- February Valentine Dessert Night
- Titus 2 Tea and Testimony
- Summer Spa Night
The WIC Shower Committee
- sponsors the all-church baby showers for married women having or adopting their first baby and welcome baby showers for subsequent babies.
- sponsors the all-church bridal showers for Redeemer members and their fiancées.
The Retreat Committee works in conjunction with the Fun and Fellowship Committee to provide retreats for our women both on and off campus.
- We offer several Bible studies at various times throughout the year on campus.
- During the summers we also offer book studies off-campus
Service to the Church
WIC also serves the church at large in a number of ways including:
- Serving the Session by providing refreshments
- Providing coffee at the morning worship service
- Providing food for Summer Cook-outs, Easter Brunch, Chili Supper, and other church-wide meals
- Missions Support by organizing a Christmas Project annually as well as other projects throughout the year